Title: National Field Director
Reports To: Sr. Vice President for Campaigns
Positions Reporting To This Position: Field Director and Field Organizers
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national priorities. To secure the environmental future of our planet, LCV’s mission is to advocate for sound environmental policies, to elect proenvironmental candidates who will adopt and implement such policies and to provide the state LCVs with the resources and tools to accomplish and sustain their mission. The National Field Director will work with the Campaigns Department, Policy & Lobbying Department and the state LCVs to develop and oversee all field related activities on issues and elections.
- Work with national LCV staff and state LCVs to develop and oversee the implementation of all field plans for issue campaigns (energy, global warming, transportation, toxics) and electoral campaigns, including canvasses, grassroots phonebanks and other mobilization efforts.
- Build LCV and the state LCVs’ volunteer capacity and membership engagement, including working closely with the online team to get our members to engage in our campaigns.
- Manage the overall field team including working with state LCVs to oversee organizers focused on national campaigns. Manage all consultants hired to undertake paid field activities such as canvasses.
- Work closely with national staff and state LCVs to ensure that other program activities (paid phones, mail, advertising, etc) are fully-integrated with field activities.
- Track all metrics related to field activities and progress in meeting goals.
- Ensure compliance and reporting of all field-related electoral activities working with Legal and Finance Division and, where appropriate, state LCVs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree required.
- Work experience: Six to eight years field experience on either issue or electoral campaigns, including strong volunteer engagement work.
- Skills: Strong organizing skills, including a commitment to empowering activists and volunteers; creative and aggressive in pursuing organizing opportunities; able to effectively manage organizers remotely while building a strong team environment; commitment to metrics and tracking progress; works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; understanding of environmental issues and their potential to engage the public.
- Conditions: Ability to work overtime with little notice; able to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done; ability and willingness to travel. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with National Field Director in the subject line by May 27, 2011. No phone calls please.
League of Conservation Voters is an equal opportunity employer